This is a small-sized LED flasher Circuit build with IRFZ44N MOSFET and a Multi-color LED. The IRFZ44N is an N-Channel Enhancement type MOSFET to it can Deliver high Output for Simple LED Flasher Circuit. This Circuit also works with other MOSFETs as well. That is Pretty much it and you can use the Circuit for Flashing Your Bike Light. I will thank Utsource for sponsoring.
Components Lists From Utsource:
- IRFZ44N MOSFET: https://www.utsource.net/itm/p/981727.html
- Multi-color LED: https://www.utsource.net/itm/p/8647600.html
- 10W LED: https://www.utsource.net/itm/p/821164.html
- Resistor: https://www.utsource.net/itm/p/8445643.html
- 12V Power Supply: https://www.utsource.net/itm/p/9221249.html
Devices Required for LED Strip Dimmer:
- Soldering Iron: https://www.utsource.net/itm/p/8423764.html
- Iron Stand: https://www.utsource.net/itm/p/7722853.html
- Nose Pliers: https://www.utsource.net/itm/p/7671655.html
- Flux: https://www.utsource.net/itm/p/8423764.html
Watch Video for LED Flasher:
Watch the YouTube video from the Creative Creator for more detailed instructions. You can see step by step process for making the Simple LED Flasher.
Schematics for IRFZ44N Flasher:
How does the IRFZ44N LED Flasher Circuit work?
- This is a simple circuit based on RGB LED Color Change.
- The RGB LED D1 and the Resistor R1 makes a voltage divider.
- When the LED Changes the color then the Voltage divider middle point makes a sudden change in voltage.
- Then this sudden change Triggers the MOSFET’s, GATE Pin.
- Whenever the MOSFET’s GATE PIN is triggered then the MOSFET became conductive. As a result, Current flows from Dran to Source and the LOAD which is connected with the MOSFET will be powered.
- The Triggering process lasts for a short time. And multiple triggering happens in this case. Because of multiple triggering, The MOSFET will be conductive for multiple times. as a result, The LED flashes by a fraction of time.
Construction and Testing for Simple LED Flasher:
Bend the IRFZ44N Pins and tin the wires.
Connect a Multicolor LED with the IRFZ44N MOSFET. Make sure that LED +ve is connected with MOSFET’s GATE Pin. and Connect the LED -ve with the SOURCE Pin of the MOSFET. The Multicolor LED will trigger the Transistor.
For the Load, I am using a 10W LED. you have to connect the LED -ve with the DRAIN Pin of the MOSFET.
Now connect a 4.7k Rsisitor’s one end with Load’s (Here it is a 10W LED) +ve and other END with MOSFET’s GATE Pin. The resistor and the LED form a Voltage divider.
Use any 12V Power supply for powering the Circuit. Here the LOAD’s +ve is Vcc or +ve (Here it is a 10W LED) and the MOSFET’s SOURCE will be the -ve or GND. After giving the Power you can see the LED is Flashing. So, the Circuit works.
All in all, we can say that there is so many Application of Simple LED Flasher Circuit. You can make 100W LED Flasher with this board. The components are so cheap and can be found from Utsource and also in local shops. The same type of security protection can be arranged with Microcontrollers Such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PIC ICs, and many other controllers. But those are not cheap. So, this is a simple LED Flasher with IRFZ44N MOSFET with minimal components.
You can also read another article about Wire Break Alarm Circuit